6 must-have desi apps for your entertainment needs
When the lockdown was announced, many Indians scrambled to find ways to stay entertained while being cooped up at home. From taking up a hobby, to discovering hidden talents, there was no dearth of innovative ways to keep busy. Recently though, with the mass ban on Chinese apps which were hugely popular, many users were left wondering what would keep them entertained now. In line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s clarion call to be ‘Atmanirbhar’, there are several home-grown Indian apps that are perfect to keep you engaged this lockdown. Here are some of the top picks of apps you should download now.
1. StepSetGo: Staying fit during the lockdown can be challenging, but with the right motivation, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t. StepSetGo promises to make something as simple as walking fun. The app, which counts the number of steps you walk in a day, rewards you with coins that can be redeemed for Amazon vouchers, headphones, online courses, and a lot more. In fact, StepSetGo has also added fun challenges which you and your gang can take up, ensuring you are entertained, and fit at the same time.
2. Gaana: Listening to music can be soothing, especially while working from home, or after a long day. Gaana, with its vast repertoire of songs in English, Hindi, and other regional languages has something for everyone. Whether you’re in the mood for some good ol’classics, or a peppy pop number, Gaana will leave you spoiled for choice.
3. Loco: Online gaming is undoubtedly one of the most popular ways of staying entertained during the lockdown. With the home of Indian live game streaming and esports app Loco, you can play some of your favourite games such as PUBG, DOTA 2, FIFA, and more from the comfort of your homes. You can also watch videos of the best of gamers playing some of the most popular games. The broadcaster offers unlimited choices for the most popular esports teams and players in the world, with exciting opportunities to engage with them.
4. LimeRoad: Working from home does not mean you shouldn’t dress up. It is an instant mood lifter, and now is the perfect time to give yourself a wardrobe makeover. LimeRoad has a wide range of chic ethnic and Western collections to choose from. What’s more, is that they also have a fabulous home décor section with fun bar accessories, classy curtains, and high-quality linen.
5. Ludo King: As a game, Ludo has always been a favourite among players of all ages. When the lockdown was announced, Ludo King became one of the most popular ways to stay entertained and connected, with its multiplayer approach. The app is in fact one of the most downloaded on both Android and iOS, and is a great way to relive childhood memories of playing the physical game.
6. Pratilipi: Reading is an excellent hobby to take up during the lockdown. Not only is it a great way to unwind, but also opens up your mind to a whole new world. Pratilipi connects readers with authors in over 12 Indian languages. The app, which is free to use, is home to a collection of over 15 lakh stories, poems, books, articles, novels, across multiple genres such as suspense, romance, action and adventure, science fiction and a lot more.
Are you already curious to check out these apps? Go ahead, download them now, and make the most of your time at home.