Beware of Fraudulent SMS & Calls about Account Suspension, Account Block or Fake Rewards
If you have received any SMS/call asking you to download any app for KYC completion then please do not trust these communications, these are fraudsters attempting to get your details. In the last couple of months, fraudsters have come up with a new way.
They have started calling our customers saying that ‘We are calling from Paytm to re-activate your KYC’ and then they ask them to install apps like, AnyDesk, TeamViewer, QuickSupport etc and give certain permissions to these apps which is given to any normal app. Once the app is installed, generally a 9 digit address code is generated which when shared can allow other users to access your devices remotely.
After gaining remote access to your device, all of your mobile banking apps can be accessed by these fraudsters and they will be able to transact through your account which includes UPI and wallets.
If you are being contacted stating that ‘your KYC has been completed and now to receive cashback or offer, you will receive an SMS with a link, to avail the offer click the link’, then always ensure that you do not click such links and delete such messages. At Paytm we never send you any SMS with link to avail any offer or none of the Paytm employees will do so.
Please Note! Your Paytm KYC can only be completed only at authorized KYC points or by a Paytm representative at your doorstep. Any SMS sent by Paytm regarding KYC will only have a link to fix appointment with our KYC agents or find the nearby KYC points. Also remember, to complete Paytm Minimum KYC, you do not need any support. It is a DIY process. Once you login to your Paytm App, you get a pop-up after you click on that you can easily follow the steps to complete your Minimum KYC all by yourself.
1. Paytm Full KYC can only be completed by having a face to face meeting with our agent at an authorized KYC point
2. SMS sent by Paytm about Full KYC only has the link to fix appointment with our KYC agent or to locate your nearest KYC point
3. Paytm will never call you and ask you to install any app
4. We never send any SMS/Email for Paytm Minimum KYC
5. You do not need any support to complete your Minimum KYC with Paytm, it is a DIY process
6. A Paytm employee will never ask you for any of your PIN, OTP, Password, Password reset link, Debit/Credit card CVV or PIN or bank details
7. When a Paytm agent comes to complete your KYC do check their ID card
Stay Vigilant, Stay Secure!