How to watch Netflix on your TV
Can’t wait to watch the Dhanush starrer Jagame Thandhiram from the comfort of your home? Or have made movie night plans with your kids to watch Wish Dragon? Here’s what you can do to watch the incredible Netflix series and films on your TV:
Do you have a Smart TV?
Most Smart TVs today come with an in-built Netflix app that can either be found on the main menu or the home screen. You can also download the app directly from the Smart TV app store or find a dedicated Netflix button on your remote that directs you to the app with one click. So make the most of your TV to get the best viewing experience. Follow these simple steps and get streaming:
- Connect your TV to the internet.
- Launch the Netflix app using the Netflix button on your remote or from the main menu
- Sign in to your account using the on-screen keyboard
- Use the arrow buttons on the TV remote to navigate and find the film or series that suits your mood
- Press “Select” or “Enter” and stream away.
Looking to make your existing TV smart?
If you are bummed out about not having a smart TV, Netflix’s casting feature is here to your rescue. With the cast feature on your mobile app, you can stream your favourite series or film from your smartphone, including in HD quality and make the most of the movie-watching experience. You can now also fast forward, rewind, pause, or change the audio or subtitle settings from your mobile device. To start casting, follow these simple steps:
- Launch the Netflix app on your mobile device and sign into your Netflix account.
- Once you’re signed in, select the ’cast’ icon on the upper right corner of your screen.
- Select the device you would like to cast on
- Find a film or a series you love. Simply press “play”
You can also access Netflix from gaming consoles such as PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, as well as through Amazon Fire Stick, Google Chromecast, or Airtel Xtreme stick, and set-top boxes including JioFiber, Airtel, ACT Fibernet and Hathway.