Use Spotify for FREE in India
Spotify the world’s leading music streaming service, is now available in India today with all-new features tuned to Indian music fans’ personal tastes.
Spotify offers the best listening experience in local and international music, with the app available to download for free, or with an upgrade to Spotify Premium for only INR 119* per month. The Spotify app is now available on mobile, desktop and tablet and can be played on a wide range of speaker and home devices.
All of Spotify’s Favourite Features
Spotify comes to India with our unrivalled mix of features that have made us the world’s favourite music app, including:
· The best music from all over the world: More than 40 million (4 crore) songs and 3 billion playlists (300 crore) offering your favourite music in Indian and international music, across moods and moments.
· Unrivalled playlists tuned to your individual tastes: Your very own playlists based on your preferences, updated daily. The more you listen, the better Spotify’s recommendations get. On the home page, choose playlists based on your moods and moments.
· Made for you: Stay up to date with all that’s hot with a personalised Home Page. Your personal DJ featuring the latest releases and all your favourite music, updated daily.
· Play everywhere: Play Spotify in your car, on TVs, voice and wifi speakers, plus explore integrations with Google Maps, Tinder and Instagram, amongst others. Spotify is available on over 500 products across 200 hardware brands globally.
Tuned to India
Spotify has redesigned the music experience for India with a fresh set of exclusive features:
- Multi-language music recommendations: With many Indians speaking several local languages, Spotify’s music recommendation engine can now be tuned to Hindi, Punjabi, Tamil and Telugu. Indian users can select their preferred language(s) to receive tailored Daily Mix, Home, Radio, Search results and recommendations.
- Spotify Free with total control: For the first time ever on Spotify Free, smartphone users can play every song on demand.
- Playlists made for India: Expertly curated and regularly updated by our team of Indian music experts, new playlists include Indiestan, Rap91,Namaste Love, Punjabi 101, Bollywood Butter, Top Hits in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu and Punjabi. These sit alongside our celebrated international playlists including Mint, Rap Caviar, Viva Latino and the This is… artist compilations. Add billions of creator and fan-built playlists to the mix and Spotify has a playlist for any mood or moment.
- Spotify goes to the movies: Introducing Starring…, a series of playlists featuring the best music from the most popular Bollywood, Tollywood, Kollywood, and Punjabi actors. Spotify’s recommendations will also include songs from India’s favourite movies and actors.
- City playlists: Find out what’s hot in the city, with new algorithmic playlists tracking what’s trending in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore and Chennai.
To enjoy music the way you want it, download the Spotify app today via the Android or iOS app store or by heading to https://www.spotify.com/in/free
Spotify in numbers:
- 207 million active users.
- 96 million of these users pay.
- Approximately 30,000 new tracks added each day.
- Over 3 billion (300 crore) playlists available.
- €10 billion paid to rights holders since launch in October 2008.
- Available across 79 markets.
- Listen free on mobile, tablet and computer.
- Music made for you: personalised playlists and recommendations.
- On-demand full catalogue access across mobile, desktop and tablet.
- Access to playlists from our local experts and our worldwide community of music fans.
- Create playlists and share instantly with friends on Spotify, Facebook, Twitter, Line, WhatsApp, text and email.
- Background play.
- Take your music offline. Ad free music. All for only INR 119* per month.
- On-demand music with zero ad interruptions on your computer, phone and tablet.
- High quality streaming (320kbps).
- Listen offline.
- Free 30-day Spotify Premium trials available to all.
* Ways to pay:
Payment options for monthly or yearly subscriptions include PayTM, credit, and debit cards. While users signing up on Spotify Premium through recurring credit and debit cards will be charged INR 119 per month, the company also has other payment options for users who choose to pay through e-wallets and other cards.
- Credit cards: Visa, Mastercard.
- Debit cards: Visa, Mastercard.
- eWallet: PayTM and other cards at INR 129 per month.
- Enjoy a 30-day free trial when signing up for Spotify Premium with a supported credit or debit card.
Spotify also offers:
- Dedicated Spotify desktop app.
- Superior social features:
- Unique sharing integration via Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger and Snapchat.
- Share and make collaborative playlists within Facebook Messenger.
- Share your playlists/songs from the app and become an influencer in your own right.
- Background play: the music never stops on your mobile, even when you run the app in the background.