How to claim Uber’s free rides
Uber today announced its support for the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), State Governments and local NGOs with free rides worth INR 10 Crores for assisting the second phase of the world’s largest vaccination drive.
The free rides can be utilised to travel to and from the nearest authorised vaccination centre by citizens above 60 and 45+ age group with co-morbidities, the target group identified for the second phase of India’s vaccination drive.
Uber’s initiative will facilitate free rides to vulnerable individuals through easily redeemable promo codes that will make travel to vaccination hubs easier and safer. Uber will also leverage its NGO partners such as the Robin Hood Army and others for transporting the vulnerable and underprivileged elderly to vaccination centres.
How to Claim a Free Ride:
- Tap the menu in the top left of the Uber app and select ‘Wallet’
- Select ‘Add Promo Code’ at the bottom
- Vaccination Promo Codes will be applicable in the Uber app for all users, in 34 cities, and across all our Products
- Add the promo code for a trip to the nearest Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Authorised vaccination centre in a Govt. or Private hospital and the return trip.
- Navigate to the rides home screen and enter the pick-up/drop-off location for yourself or the person you are booking for.
- Confirm your trip
- The value of each free ride will be maximum Rs. 150 and a rider is entitled to maximum of two free rides, to and from the vaccination center
- The final fare displayed before confirming the trip will be inclusive of the discount